Wiki So Far

So far, I have not contributed anything to the Wiki yet, but I have been doing research on the topic I plan to contribute to. I would like to add more to the section titled "Drugs & Other Substances" and am planning on researching how certain drugs gain traction with the help of new media and how some may have also lost its appeal to users due to new media.

I checked the Drugs & Other Substances section and it also includes a portion that I feel like is out of place. For some reason there is a large portion of text that talks about E-waste, and it does not make any mention of any kind of drug or substance. I think the topic has no relation to drugs at all and should probably be moved elsewhere. Maybe the "Critical Issues" section is more appropriate.

I would also like to check out the Music section and maybe edit or contribute a few things there. I am extremely interested in music and how new media has impacted it as of recent, especially with hot debates like how current rappers are better than older ones. These debates require a knowledge of new media as older rappers did not have the new technologies and social media platforms that newer artists have today.

Comments

Popular Posts