Next New

A new media that I thought about involves news and a futuristic way of delivering it to people. There have been discussions in the past concerning human microchipping in order to ID them as well as quickly access information about them, such as medical history and contact information. This usage poses a serious threat to privacy, so instead of having them do that, I was thinking of implementing human microchips that deliver news straight to people, and there would be a button they press around their ear that would bring it all up in a hologram sort of fashion. So the microchips would be installed and then the major news sources will send out their news to all registered microchips. It would be a hologram that they would be able to interact with, the same way they scroll through and click on articles on their iPhone. This would be great as news would be accessible pretty much anywhere.

Expanding on this, we could even make other things accessible through this microchip, such as social medias, messaging services, and useful apps like alarm clocks or something. There would have to be a safe way of implementing this of course in order to make people actually want to get it with out fear of permanent damage to themselves or their privacy.

Comments

  1. Hi! Your idea sounds very creative. I only see something similar to it happens in film. It looks very cool! But I also have same concern about the privacy problem. I have a suggestion: can the person receive a notification when another person wants to access his or her information? Then the person can choose to accept or decline the request. I believe it can better protect personal information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a really interesting idea, I don't think I would have ever thought of something like that. It definitely sounds very futuristic. I agree that people might be wary about getting themselves "microchipped" since it sounds kind of scary, but if it were able to happen in a safe way I think it would be great because that way everyone has information about what's going on in the world. I feel like another problem that could happen is kind of what's happening now with the spread of so much fake news, it could possibly lead to problems if the wrong people are getting the wrong information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea; I love looking at world news on BBC America. This program gives me information about news worldwide. It would be a great idea to be able to have the news at my fingertips when I am ready to see and listen to world events. I agree with making it so that users can use it privately and safely without any fears of losing their privacy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If we get to this point in life, why not deliver education and knowledge as well. Just like being updated on news, you ca be updated with education and knowledge. But on another note, who will be feeding the news? Did you consider "fake news" like our great president says? Or corporate bought CNN? Sly Fox News? More than half the news which makes it to the public is just entertainment. Will this in turn make public more ignorant? Or increase tensions? Its an interesting idea but I would question credible sources with anything I take in weather news, education, even media.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts